April 24, 2016 at 9 AM to NOON - Newmarket Community Centre Hall #2
This workshop is focused on making selections using the tools available in Photoshop. It presumes some basic Photoshop knowledge including a basic understanding of what a layer is and what a mask is.
- Why make selections?
- Using the Marquee tools
- Using the Quick Selection tool
- Adding to, removing from and merging selections
- Turn a selection into a layer mask
- Using the Magic Wand tool
- How to save and load a selection
- How to refine the quality of a selection
- Basic composites using selections
- Using selections to adjust parts of an image
- Getter better with the Quick Selection tool
- Using the three different Lasso tools
- Using the Lasso selection tool to add a shadow to an image
- Using a colour overlay to colorize part of an image
Quick Mask Mode
- Painting in a selection
- Combining different selection tools
- Introducing Quick Mask
- Fast saving a selection
- How good is my selection?
- Painting in adjustments using a brush
- Adding motion blur
- Using Invert with Masks
- Applying filters
- Smoothing edges
- Expanding and contracting a selection to manage halos
This is a hands-on workshop. Attendees must have a computer with Photoshop CC installed and active and download demo images from a shared folder in advance of attendance. Registrants will be sent the link for the shared folder prior to the class. A Wacom tablet is not required but is recommended for users at this level.
Complete this form to confirm your registration for this workshop.