Thanks for considering joining the Newmarket Camera Club,
There are three simple steps to join.
- Read the Code of Conduct and if you agree go to the next step
- Complete the membership form.
- Remit your membership dues at the first meeting that you attend
We have a very simple code of conduct. By submitting a membership application, you agree to abide by the code of conduct.
- As a member of the club, I will attend such meetings that I can and while in attendance be supportive of other member's work during the photo review. I will not be negative or openly critical of another member's efforts. If I really have a strong negative opinion about the work, I shall keep my mouth shut, and if I am offended by the content, I shall speak with Ross about my concerns as he is not psychic.
- I will never use another member's work without their express written permission.
- I accept that my work is my own intellectual property. Since it's my work, I can do whatever I please with it, and no one else can use it without my permission.
- Submitting an image for the Member's Monthly Images grants the Newmarket Camera Club an irrevocable right to display the image on the club's website, to select the image as the front image of a gallery and to otherwise represent your photographic genius in a manner that encourages others to join the club. Such submissions do not grant the club the right to use my image(s) for other purposes, without permission.
- I will not attempt to sell junk on the Marketplace without proper disclosure of its junk-state, and I will have the title to anything I choose to sell and hold the buyer harmless of any negative legal stuff.
- I will not encourage the use of improperly licensed software by others, nor will I share such a thing if it appeared on my doorstep with other members through the channels of the club.
- If I ever decide I do not wish to participate in the club any longer, I will let Ross know so he can stop sending me emails and other communications pertaining to the club, because he is not psychic.
- I will pay my membership dues on time and in cash because it's a good club and I'm a good person.
- I will not engage in conflicts on the club website, the club Google+ page, at meetings nor will I make comments in any club venue that denigrate other members or sponsors.
- I appreciate that this Code of Conduct is a live document and is subject to change. I expect that any major changes will be provided to members in some form of notification such as email or a post.
In order to join the club, the applicant must complete the form area below. Other than the display name, all other information is confidential unless you choose to make it available to other members. We explicitly require that your display name include your proper name. Aliases are permitted alongside your name, not in place of your real name.