At the April meeting, we talked about getting your flash OFF the camera and using simple flash modifiers. Many times, people don't know what to expect from a modifier so I brought a bunch of stuff. To help members interested in sourcing the gear, I've made a list.
- DSLR and Lens - you already have one, or want one
- Hot shoe mount flash - Canon 600EX-RT, Canon ST-E3-RT, Nikon SB-910, Nikon SB-700 - alternatives include flashes from Metz
- Kupo C-Stand - Vistek, Avenger - Henry's
- Kupo Boom Arm, Knuckle and Spigot - Vistek, Avenger - Henry's
- EZ-GO Flash mount beauty dish - Henry's
- EZ-GO Flash mount snoot - Henry's
- EZ-GO Flash head adapter - Henry's
- Lastolite Mini-Ezybox - Vistek
- Lastolite Joe McNally TriGrip Reflector Set - Vistek
- Lastolite Joe McNally Ezybox - Vistek
- Lastolite Joe McNally TriFlash adapter - Vistek
- Savage Popup Backdrop (Grey) - Henry's
- Westcott White Parabolic Umbrella 7' - Henry's
- Lumahawk flash / umbrella clamp - Henry's
- Honel Flash Gels - Henry's - alternative by Rogue (Ross' Pick)
- Bryan's Tripod - Gitzo Basalt 3 w Gitzo Ball Head
- Ross' Tripod - RRS TL34L w RRS BH-55 Ball Head - only from Really Right Stuff
- Tether Tools USB Tether Cable and Active USB Extension - Vistek
- Tether Tools Jerk Stopper System - Vistek
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Beta - Adobe
For flash control we're focusing on the Commander System in the Nikon cameras, and the Canon RT radio system for Canon products. Special shout out to our supporting resellers Bryan Weiss at Henry's Newmarket and Sheldon Nitkin at Vistek Downtown.
A huge thanks to Emilie, Silke, Danielle, Paul, Al and Glen who so graciously volunteered to sit as subjects for the example shots, we could not have done it without you!