February 28, 2016 - 9AM to NOON - Newmarket Community Centre Hall #2
Lightroom is potentially the most popular entry for post processing today but it can be overwhelming to the new user. In Lightroom 101 we get you started with a tour of Lightroom's capabilities in demonstration form then a deep dive into using the Library module to learn how to manage your images efficiently and successfully.
- The Lightroom World Tour
- The Library Module
- Functions of the library module
- What is a Catalog?
- Why do I need a catalog?
- Importing images
- Where do I import from?
- Keeping copies?
- Import presets
- Using Collections from the very start
- Folder structures
- Renaming folders
- Moving images between folders
- Moving folders to different storage media
- Finding missing images
- Using Keywords
- All about metadata - how to leverage it and how to make it better
- Rating and Culling Your Imports
- Creating your own Copyright import preset
- Using Import Presets
This is a hands-on workshop. Attendees will need to bring a laptop with Lightroom CC installed and active. Attendees will be provided access to a shared folder prior to the workshop with demo images in it that will need to be placed on the computer desktop for use in the class.
Complete this form to confirm your registration for this workshop. If you responded to the club email, your registration will have been processed and doing so again is not needed