It's that time of the year again, time for members to get out their 2016 catalogs and start prepping images for the 4th Annual Newmarket Camera Club Member's Photo Contest.
- Contest entries will be accepted starting May 15th, 2016 submitted via email
- The final date for submission is midnight on September 30th, 2016
- Entrant must have been a member in good standing as of May 1, 2016
- Each entry must be emailed in JPEG format to email@example.com and specify which Category it is being entered to
- Entries should be no less than 1280 pixels wide and 120 ppi at minimum. Improperly sized images may not render properly or be too large to be entered
- Entries for The Print must be at minimum 11 inches on the short side
- Photos must have been captured between October 1st 2015 and September 30th, 2016
- Each member may enter ONE photo per category
- Photos may be processed or right out of camera
- Composites are permitted in any category
- The use of editing tools and plugins is perfectly ok
- Visible watermarks are not permitted
- Entries for The Print to Win category will be voted on solely by attendees of the Club Meeting on September 27th. The artist may NOT use the same image in another category
- Rules may be modified for clarity
Categories and Voting
There are ten categories. The winner of each category will be selected by anonymous member electronic vote. Each member may vote for a single entry per category. Voting will open October 3rd, 2016 and close at midnight October 31st, 2016. Each Category winner will receive a $50 Henry's Gift Card. We are again enormously grateful to Chris Atkinson of Henry's Newmarket for his unfailing support of the Newmarket Camera Club. Winners will be announced at our November meeting.
- Wild Critters - This category is for any images wildlife with more than two legs. No pets.
- Winged Majesty - This is the popular category for wild birds. Stuffed birds and pet birds do not qualify.
- Flowers Show - Just that, flowers.
- Motion Commotion - Any image that shows motion that tells a story
- Architecture - Buildings, bridges, anything designed by humans for habitation, work or transportation
- Street Shooting - Images made using techniques for shooting live people or entities
- Portraiture - Portraits of humans, headshots, ⅓ and ½ body, but not a candid. A set up image
- Flash That Flash - Flash must be used in the image to enhance what would have been present with only ambient light
- Light Painting - Any images made with an artist controlled temporary light source such as a flashlight. Ambient and flash are not permitted.
- The Print - Any category compliant entry, printed to be at least 11x14 inches. Voting will take place by secret ballot at the September meeting. The Print to Win entry may not be entered in any other category.